Okay, my dad's sweet corn is ready. He picked about 6 dozen for me to hand out to our friends, neighbors, etc. Well, Rachel and I got a little carried away delivering them out to people today and was left with only like two dozen or so and with some people stopping by tonight and picking some up. I cleaned the rest of the corn today, so those people are the lucky ones. I am very glad mom is coming over tomorrow and can bring us more for us to enjoy. I hope Jimmy will try grilling some this week too.
Back to my ?: How do you butter sweet corn? During this time of year, it is fun to ask this question, because I always thought everyone buttered it the way we did. I found that not to be true. I think everyone I ask I get a different answer from and it ranges from putting the butter in the water, butter spray, using the knife, or just rolling it on the stick of butter. When I was growing up, I remember my cousins and I cleaning the corn and then Grandma would cook it. Then to butter it, we always got the heel of bread and put the butter on it and then spun the corn on the bread and then put pepper on it. Oh, it was so tasty. After we were done, we would fight on who would get to eat the bread (Now, I won't eat the bread).
A good tip for some good sweet corn: add just a little sugar to the boiling water(it isn't completely necessary).
No comments:
Post a Comment