Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last week - Rachel

Well, the weeks are flying by on me and Rachel. I've been enjoying her awake time so much and haven't had a chance to do much else even though I have 3 or 4 projects I'm working on besides this blog. Rachel and I stay busy with lots of things going on. Mostly, we stay in and play and go outside and just look around (She loves observing everything) and play with Macie.



Check out the video - - Rachel is rolling over like nothing these days from Belly to Back. She can do back to Belly as well.










Last week was a fun week. On Thursday, some of Jimmy's relatives were in town for a conference and had only a few more hours before heading out. Fortunately, we were headed out to run an errand so we went and saw them quickly so they could meet her.

Here is Jonathan with Rachel. Then, we got another good picture with Jean Ann and Ed with Rachel.

















On Friday for lunch, we met up with Karen, who is someone I've been fortunate to work with at twice at Caterpillar. She is ultimately one of the most awesome people and always lifts your spirits and I am glad she is in my life. You know when you are around good, happy people at work; it makes those 8, 9, or 10 hours that much better along with home. The sad thing is when I go back, she will be gone along with all the others. How sad. :( I know there are still good ones there. It is just when the people stayed the same for two years; you get used to it!


Lunch was great. We had a ball. And, there were a lot of people there from Cat that were my customers or just part of the CAT community that I knew that came to our table to meet Rachel.










We were sad that Daddy was not going to be home early from golfing. So, we headed out to dinner in the Heights for Rich's birthday. We had a great time and Rachel was so awesome. It was not quite the baby friendly place, but it worked. Ryne Sandberg was there as well (sat right behind us), but I was so preoccupied with Rachel I didn't even really notice. Michelle admired him for some of the dinner though! At least, I think that is what she said. :)


Thankfully, the weekend was very calm especially when this weekend will be busy as the weekend before.

The highlight of Saturday was going for a walk. I love this picture of Daddy and Rachel.

No comments: