Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Exhaustion


See what the shirt says? It really should say, "My mommy is exhausted!!". I never knew how rough it would be to wake up every 2 hours for 6 weeks. When she sleeps for a full three hours, it is heaven. Actually, the first two weeks were the hardest overall and every day gets better. Everyone (new moms) were telling me that the first two weeks were the hardest. Then, after the two weeks were up, they said the first six weeks. Tomorrow is the six week mark and I will probably hear at eight weeks it gets better. Last night, we did sleep well and have been with waking up three times. It is a lot better because Rachel is going back to sleep right after being fed. It was hard before when she didn't go back to sleep. I am truly enjoying every moment of her life. She is a blessing to us. In the last week, I am starting to see more expression out of her and it gives even more of a reward than having her.
Today, I was determined to go to church at 9:30 or 11:00. I started at 9:15 getting out of bed, changing her diaper, feeding her, gave her a bath, put a cute outfit on her, gave her to daddy to hold while I took a shower, getting daddy up and going, and then going to church. We made it on time to 11 AM mass - good thing we live 2 minutes away! She was so good in church that we really didn't need to be in the cry room. There were a couple toddlers there with their grandparents causing all sorts of trouble even to the point of where the little girl was hitting herself. I am sure the grandparents will wait to take them back to church. The good thing is they needed the cry room.

No comments: