I was congratulated the other day for my 10 year service anniversary at CAT. It is quite a committment to stay with a company that long. I have to say overall I am very pleased with Caterpillar. It has changed since I have been there and I have too. I actually have liked all my jobs I have had there except the one I started with. I know I didn't like that job because when it was 4:30 I was gone. Since that job, I never think only another half hour and it is because I went to jobs that were more my type in the front line of customers. In the 10 years, my life has changed too. I have gone from being single and being happy to being married, owning a house and having a baby and still happy.
So, I have made it 10 years. Will I be there for another 10 or even 30? I am sure that 62 will not be the retirement age when I get to that point so it would mean more than 30 years. This week, one of my leaders at CAT was awarded his 40 year pin. I emailed and congratulated him and asked if they give you a D9 or even a skidsteer as a reward. He said no. I think that would be quite an incentive for an employee at CAT. Actually, the benefits of CAT are very good so I cannot complain, but they need to stop decreasing the benefits to keep it "very good". At CAT, I have been fortunate to have met some amazing people that are lifetime friends of mine. It definitely is the top of the list of benefits there.
No comments:
Post a Comment