Jimmy has been gone all week; and we are surviving. After he left, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's and just hung out and spent the night. For the rest of the week, we have just been hanging around home. We've been going for walks in the late afternoon and playing with the dog. This week Rachel has worked very hard at trying to creep/crawl; she is doing it just a little.
We really, really miss daddy! I put several pictures on the fridge for us to look at so Rachel can smile at him and remember him. When he calls at night, I put him on speaker so she can hear his voice. He says he really misses us and shows his peers the pictures he took in his Baby Brag Book and digital picture key chain. In addition, I have been sending him text pictures frequently. I told him not to worry about us and enjoy his time. They are keeping very busy learning more about Otis and crucial sales techniques. I know one of the speakers was a used car salesman teaching them how to "close the deal".
Since Jimmy was gone, I had to do "his chore" this week and that was mow the yard. It was quite the task because I didn't know how I was going to handle it with Rachel. While I cleaned up the yard, I put her in the Bumbo. Then, when she took one of her 2 hour duration nap, I went out and mowed. I had the monitor close so I could shut off the mower and listen and I would go inside and regularly to check on her. It took me an hour. I told Jimmy that I want to switch responsibilities... he is in charge of the house and I'm in charge of the yard.
One more week and Jimmy will be home. This week will fly by especially since it is my last week home from work. :( It is very busy as we are going to head to the day care a couple days to get her accalamated.
No comments:
Post a Comment